COVID 19 - our policy for 2021 bookings
2020 was a difficult year for all of us but particularly for the travel industry; accommodation owners (and their agents) had to make unprecedented decisions about what to do when bookings had been made and accepted in good faith by both parties, but could not be fulfilled due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. In most cases, when the travel bans started, owners were prepared to waive the normal "force majeure" clauses and postpone bookings till later on in 2020, or roll them over to 2021. It is self-evident that owners and agents lost significant sums by doing so, but generally agreed that it was the fairest thing to do.
We now have a precedent so, for clarity, we are setting out in advance our policy for all bookings in 2021 - until there is a return to some kind of normality.
Until further notice, we are taking bookings on this basis:
If either the UK or Turkish government imposes travel restrictions at the time of your holiday, we will be happy to postpone your stay to, either: a) later dates in 2021, or b) similar dates in 2022, in the same accommodation (subject to availability). The 2022 booking rates will apply in this instance and we will ask for an additional 10% deposit.
Please note - if you decide not to travel and there are no government restrictions in place at that time, moving your booking will be entirely at our discretion.
The booking deposit paid is not refundable under either circumstances above, therefore you should take out adequate travel insurance at the time of booking your accommodation.
Furthermore, should international travel to Turkey not be permitted by the time your balance payment is due, we may, at our discretion, delay the balance payment date until the situation becomes clearer, rather than having to refund you the balance if it later transpires that you are unable to travel for the reasons detailed above.
If in any doubt, please check with us at the time of enquiry/booking.
Updated 17th January 2021